Give a meaningful gift to help support the music of Conspirare – and receive handsome financial benefits too!
If you have owned long-term appreciated securities—such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds or real estate—for more than a year, it may be advantageous to donate them directly to Conspirare, rather than to contribute cash. When you do…
• You receive an income tax deduction based on the value of the stock or investment today. So if you make a donation of stock or fund shares that have grown in value from the time you bought them, you can take a tax deduction for the gift based on its current value, rather than the lower purchase price. If the investment you own has made significant gains, this could be truly advantageous for both you and Conspirare.
• Because Conspirare is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization with tax-exempt status, an outright gift of appreciated property will allow you to avoid paying the capital gains tax that you would have to pay if you sold the property yourself.
If you find that you have securities that have declined in value over the years and are interested in donating them to nonprofit, you may find it more advantageous to sell the securities first and contribute the proceeds to nonprofit as opposed to donating the securities outright. This strategy should allow you to claim a deduction for both the loss from the sale of the securities as well as the charitable gift.
If your broker (or bank) holds your stock shares or mutual fund shares, you may request that they be transferred via DTC to:
Account: # 6642-6859
Tax ID: #74-2611315
If you have a Charles Schwab account, simply contact your broker and notify them of the transaction to be transferred to Account #6642-6859.
Once the shares are transmitted, please contact Conspirare to alert of the pending gift. Please include the following:
Date of Transaction
Number of Shares
Name of Stock
Conspirare Contact: Ann McNair
512-476-5775 / email
Once the transaction has been completed and verified, it is the policy of Conspirare to sell the securities for the current value. A receipt of your contribution will be sent to you regarding the transaction.
If you hold stock in certificate form:
1. By certified mail, return receipt requested, send unendorsed certificate to:
505 E. Huntland Dr., Ste. 155
Austin, TX 78752
2. In a separate first class envelope, send to the same address above a stock power form for each certificate, signed exactly as your name appears on the security but otherwise left completely blank.
3. Include a signed letter of instruction specifying the number of shares being transferred. For example, “100 shares of XYZ Corporation to Conspirare.” If your gift is for less than the total number of shares listed on the certificate, include your social security number so a new certificate with the remaining shares can be issued.
The value of your gift will be the average of the high and low quotations using the latest postmarked date from the stock certificate on the stock power form.
If you have any questions regarding transferring securities, please contact Ann McNair at (512) 476-5775 or by email.
Thank you for your generous gift to Conspirare.