June 12-16, 2017
Texas State University Performing Arts Center, San Marcos
Featuring the Texas State choral faculty including
- Centering self — finding calm and gaining focus
- Leadership from the podium
- Highly effective repertoire for teaching and artistry
- Vocal pedagogy in the choral rehearsal
- Conducting 101 — a return to the basics
- Conducting 202 — advanced concepts
- Round Robin — each participant shares!
The Symposium Ensemble will include all participants as well as members of the Grammy Award winning ensemble CONSPIRARE.
Application deadlines: Conducting Fellow, April 15; Symposium Auditors, June 1
(from texasstate.edu )