Below are the policies for the 2019-2020 season. Please read carefully and acknowledge on the enrollment form.
Singers withdrawing from the choir on or before the 3rd scheduled rehearsal will receive a full refund, less a $75 administrative fee.
No tuition refunds will be given for withdrawals after the 3rd scheduled rehearsal. If paying through installments, parents are responsible for payment in full at this time, which should be made within 7 business days after withdrawing.
Two consecutive missed payments may result in dismissal from the choir.
This Agreement made between parents/legal guardians (hereinafter “Parents”) of the person and estate of enrolled CYC Singer, a minor (hereinafter “minor”) and the Conspirare Youth Choirs, a Texas not for profit corporation (hereinafter “CYC”).
Whereas, CYC is a charitable organization that recruits and trains children in music and choral singing;
Whereas, CYC conducts rehearsals, performances, and other activities for children; and
Whereas, the parents of the minor named above have agreed to permit the minor to be a member of CYC and to fully participate in rehearsals, performances, and other activities in order to receive musical education and experience.
Now, therefore, the parties agree as follows:
- CYC agrees to provide the minor with responsible adult supervision while the minor is participating in rehearsals, performances, and other activities as a member of CYC; and Parents agree that CYC may exercise reasonable control over the behavior of the minor during such rehearsals, performances, and other activities as a member of CYC.
- Parents agree to indemnify and hold harmless CYC, its officers, directors, employees, and volunteers, and all other organizations, their officers, directors, employees, and volunteers under whose auspices or in whose premises the minor may rehearse or perform, or in whose vehicles the minor may be transported, from and against all injury, claims, suits, damages, costs, losses, and expenses incurred as a result of the minor participating in rehearsals, performances, and activities of CYC.
- Parents further agree that any medical, hospital and surgical expenses incurred as a result of the treatment of any injury sustained by the minor shall be borne by the Parents, and to the extent that such expenses have been advanced by CYC, or anyone acting in concert with CYC, Parents agree to reimburse CYC for such advanced expenses.
- Parents authorize CYC to agree to emergency medical treatment for the minor and surgical treatment to save the child’s life, if, after diligent effort, the Parents cannot be located and medical exigencies require that a decision be made.
- CYC agrees to maintain liability insurance coverage at the minimum levels required of Texas charitable organizations under the Texas Civil Practices and Remedies Code, Title IV, Chapter 84, to wit, “coverage shall apply to the acts or omissions of the organization and its employees and volunteers and be in the amount of at least $500,000 for each person and $1,000,000 for each single occurrence for death or bodily injury and $100,000 for each single occurrence for injury to or destruction of property.” §84.07.
- This Agreement is binding on CYC, Parents, and their successors, heirs and assigns throughout the child’s participation in the Conspirare Youth Choirs.
Parents/Guardians hereby grant the Conspirare Youth Choirs (CYC), permission to use or reproduce my name, creative work, voice, photograph, and video, in all forms of media in any and all of CYC’s press and marketing publications and materials, including website entries, promotional video, and business-related presentations, without payment or any other consideration.
Parents/ Guardians understand and agree that the recorded content will become the property of CYC and will not be returned. Parents/Guardians hereby irrevocably authorize CYC to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, or distribute the recorded content and any publications for purposes of publicizing the work and/or programs funded by CYC for any other lawful purpose. In addition, Parents/Guardians waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product in which the recorded content appears. Additionally, Parents/Guardians waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the recorded content.
Attendance and Tardiness
The quest for artistic excellence requires a high level of commitment; therefore, the CYC maintains high expectations for attendance. Attendance at all CYC rehearsals, performances, and other events are considered MANDATORY unless specifically indicated by the CYC. Whenever possible, please give a 2-week advance notice of your absence request to email@example.com or via ChoirGenius.
Tardiness to rehearsals
Rehearsals will always begin and end at the stated times. Choristers are expected to be in their seat, ready to rehearse 5 minutes prior to the rehearsal starting time. Choristers are marked tardy if they arrive more than 10 minutes late and/or if they leave more than 10 minutes early. Three tardies or leaving early three times will count as one absence.
Tardiness or Absence from Dress Rehearsals
To ensure a professional performance and high artistic experience, all dress rehearsals for the CYC concerts are MANDATORY. Singers who are tardy or absent from dress rehearsals may be considered for removal from the performance at the discretion of the CYC director.
After three absences, the CYC staff will request a meeting with the singer and family. The CYC director will also request an individual vocal check with the singer to check on the singer’s musical preparation. At the discretion of the CYC director, the singer may be dismissed from the choir. Any singer who incurs two consecutive absences will also be asked to have a vocal check.